View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2020, 10:38 AM   #189
Jayworld
Warrior

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

While the Dynamite Annual featuring the Baltar story was well done, in my opinion, and I enjoy the classic comics just to have classic storylines to read (with exceptions noted below), I concur that it does seem that the Dynamite writers/editors really are not as familiar with the original Battlestar Galactica as they are with GINO, which is why we get so many GINO inferences throughout the "classic" storylines, whether that be in dialogue, character names, or others:

1. In the Death of Apollo mini-series, Apollo is depicted as right-handed. This is an immediate turn-off for me as a reader/consumer, and is proof that either they did not do their homework when crafting the story and layout, or they don't care. I passed on this series
2. At times, some of the cylons are depicted or referred to with names that hearken GINO. If the writers are honest, at the time the classic Battlestar took place in our real world on ABC television, there was (of course) no GINO, so they need to write the stories, dialogue, and characters with that in the forefront.

Part of me has always been interested in picking up the Classic BG mini-series "Starbuck," but due to the total misfire of "The Death of Apollo," I have been hesitant. Does anyone know if it is any good?