Thread: The last person
View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2006, 09:25 PM   #30795
Lyra
Bad Email Address

Cool

"FREEZE! ...don't move...I'm fully armed with expired mushies, and I'm not afraid to use them!
Now, I want you to release that thread, slowly and carefully, and nobody gets hurt".

"On the count of three microns, I want you to place it down beside you and then back away...steady now...1..2..3 Okay, I'm picking up the thread. Stay where you are...these mushies are way over their use-by date, and they smell like felgercarb you don't want to know about"!!

"Now I'm going through the hatch behind me, don't try to stop me.
You can move only after I'm on the other side of the door.......Oooppss.......oh frack"!!!!

As the brave red squadron lieutenant makes a hasty turn toward the hatch, she slips on a mushie that was dropped, unnoticed, on her way into the Galactica Cafe
The rest of the mushies and the precious last thread go, ultimately, flying out of her hands.....everyone ducks for cover....a chorus of "run for your lives"!!, is holla'd out.

Lyra, having only one choice but to grapple with desperation for the thread, before someone else seizes it, pulls herself to her feet, and bolts for the thread, but the thread is flying..it's air-borne.
Lyra runs for it, trying to avoid a collision with other warriors, also running. She manages to pass several warriors from blue and green squadron, she positions herself almost beneath the thread, ready to catch it as it descends.. her hands waiting for it,,but wait..oh nooooo!!!

Lyra glances down for a split micron, and there coming up before her, on the floor, a pile of rotten mushies....Lyra tries to swerve and miss it, but her footing is less than an inchlon away(....that's right, you heard me..inchlon sounds galactican,doesn't it?), she can't stop in time...too late...
Once more her warrior legs give way under her, upon the slippery surface...

But wait, Capt Tux is siding up next to her...."Eat my lazor dust, Lyra"! Capt Tux says as he passes by.
Lyra's eyes narrow with determination..."not if I can shoot you down first"!, she replies.
She can just reach Capt Tux's feet...cleverly, Lyra pulls him down to the floor.. a confusion of legs and arms land in a crumpled heap next to her.

"HA"!, Lyra laughs with triumph as she jumps up once more...the thread about to land in her slender hands. "Come to mamma", she purrs with a satisfied smirk spreading across her face.

" I don't know how in Hades I did it, but the Gods of Kobol must have been smiling on me today".......

And so, the dazzling Lyra holds the last thread, and strides across the room with her dignity in tact, head held high, uniform besmirched with rotting mushies, people passing out from the stench, but she did it!
"All in a senton's patrol", she says.
"Anyone else wanna take me on? I dare you....", she adds.
"Ooooh, Colada...sweeeet.... ", Lyra coos wide-eyed.

As Lyra settles down to rejuvenate with a victory drink, and singing happily to herself the words to, "Evil Woman" by ELO, and bopping her head to an imaginary beat in her head, someone is plotting across the room to snatch the thread.

But who will it be????

By the way, "Hi everyone, I'm new to this thread. How was my debut?...this is such fun"!! Ohh and no hard feelings, Tux!
Blessings to y'all!