View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2005, 04:47 PM   #171
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis
Taranis...................
potemkin is dead, long live Taranis.
Why a name change, fair question and this is how I well answer.
Why not, muuuhaha, ha ha. Ahem!
No.???
Ok well I never really expected to still be here, after all this time. while I have signed up, to other Websites. But this is the only site that I really return to on a regular bases, and because of it I have Started to get in touch with my creative side again, from the art pictures of the Galactica or a fanfic.

So I want to change my name to something that reflects me, potemkin was only a handy name When I originally signed up.
As I have been greatly influenced by many of the members here, From the discussions in the threads themselves, to the artists and talents of so many.
And feel very much apart of this community. so much so my long dormant and rusty skills of art and so on have been revived.
when i see the works of martok, stevew, westy,thomas7g, and so many more
i was so full of admiration, I would like to say thank you all.

I spent a while looking for a name that I like, the has some link with me (however small). I was thinking of Thor which Norse, but decided against it and went for his Celtic counterpart Taranis.

Taranis the thunderer, whose name comes from the Gaelic meaning 'thunder', was one of three pan-Celtic gods forming the great triad. With Esus and Teutatis. He was seen as the Lord of the Wheel of the seasons and is part of the mainland Europeans Celt tribes, in France and Spain mainly. but not Ireland i think, but what the hell, I am of Celtic stock. etc
The association of Taranis with Fire, the fire of the skies, the Sun, and the fire of the air, lightening and its voice thunder, giving the God his name, Taranis..
signed Taranis. (formally known as potemkin.)

I will be changing my picture in a while to go along with the name change.
look out for my first fanfic its coming soon.
First of all no matter what your name is .......I'm glad you came back.

Welcome home.

On my avatar .........I wanted something that was me .......only cuter.
I happen to like dogs. So I picked this one.

On my new title ..............see the thwack thread. Pray that you aren't the one being thwacked
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote