View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2004, 10:58 PM   #20
ViperTech

My favorite episode.

I like that they finally brought Apollo and Sheba's relationship to the forefront. It's powerful when Sheba actually mentions Serina. WOW! Good stuff.

The scenes in the celestial chamber dome are great. It was a great way to bring more depth to Apollo's character and give Starbuck and Cassie some funny banter. I love Anne Lockhart almost as much as Jane Seymour and Anne gives some wonderful performances in various scenes in the series, including the scene in this one with Apollo in the Raider. But I must say she over-acts with Sheba's reaction to the dome's view. Granted "Oh Apollo, I love it." is tough dialogue for any actor to work. I would have directed her differently. A simple nod with a look of deep wonder would have been better and more Sheba-like.

The Galactica attacking the Basestar was simply exciting, such a change from the other episodes in the series.
The infiltration of the Basestar by Apollo and Starbuck is
edge-of-your-seat excitement. And Boomer's famous line at the end is awesome.

On the Epic DVD Series, it is truly sad to hear the laments of various cast members (Richard, Dirk, Laurette, and Herb in particular) about how this episode showed how much the show had grown in a year and how good it could have been if more years of the show had been done. This episode leaves us with a wonderful ending to a great series.

Great episode.