View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2006, 11:49 AM   #51
bsg1fan1975
Major

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyra
My 15 year old niece and I get on like a house on fire. Often on school holidays we play a game of monopoly or cards, as well as when I join her in doing things on the computer together,,,we laugh, make silly voices, and have a panic attack when we lose something on the computer, just for a giggle of course..we're usually in tears from laughing...I sure she thinks I'm not you're usual "run of the mill" aunty, but I always feel proud we bridge any generation gap, and get along. She probably thinks my taste in music is probably a little strange too...it's mostly stuff I remember growing up with, and listening to on my big brother's stereo,,good stuff from the seventies and early eighties...ahh good times. but then she suprises me, by jiving to something I used to hear, that's been revived...glad to know she can enjoy some of my favourite songs.

you too Lyra? I remember listening to Rick Springfield with my sister and then while having my brother help me with my homework while we listened to The Fixx and his stuff and I loved it. It was quite a shock to find out that when I met my hubby we liked the same kind of music and play it often in the car on trips, of course I had to play some country music from my collection too.

All in all, I think that today's generation just doesn't understand us older folks and the fun we had!

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote