View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2005, 03:14 PM   #15
Atlantia
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis
Flash Gordon . cool I enjoy those myself and have one of the series on DVD .. I remember watching when I was a kid on Sunday mornings the rocket ship circling around that rocky valley

It was great stuff, Taranis, all the Flash Gordon stories. Not sure what this new film is going to be like though, can only wait and see, I guess. I'm a bit Dubious about Demi Moores other half playing the role also! Oh well, we've still got some other great Flash Gordon to watch if it turns out to be a disappointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara
Hi, Atlantia,
Welcome to Fleets.
As a pommy immigrant to Australia I was lucky enough to see DrWho in both places, and have fond and very early memories of being terrified/fascinated by the Daleks from an early age. Biggest regret was having to leave lots of my toys behind, and the tin dalek and the thunderbirds toys were among them!!

Thought the newest version was terrific and am hanging out for its resumption in December...not been anticipating the return of a SciFi show so much for a long time!!

Cheers,
Lara
Tin Dalek sounds fab. My sister used to have 2 Daleks, a talking one, and one that kind of went around in cricles with a light flashing on top of it's head. I know daleks didn't exactly go around in cirlces like that, but it was still a pretty good toy.

I was in Australia a few years ago, when they were airing the oringal series of Doctor Who, so I got to see some Billy Hartnell. Some of them are wonderful stories I think, but it's a shame so many old DW episodes were destroyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabitha
Welcome to the Fleets. Theres so much to see and so many people to meet. Your gonna love it here, they are so friendly, and they do care for your voice here, and you may just find you talk to people that do wonderful (an in some cases so-so) things that impace BSG in general. So strap in, and prepare to launch!

tabbi
Thank you Tabbi, and everyone else who has given me a warm welcome. This seems like a great and lively forum, I'm glad I decided to join.
Atlantia is offline   Reply With Quote