ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

As I said over at CA:

I spent some of my lunch hour trying to watch the trailer (for some reason I can't get it to play smoothly, but I caught enough).

I'm afraid that at this point, at least, I have to agree with Charybdis.

The narration is straight out of the mini - and I mean, literally, straight out of the mini. "Ten years ago the skys again turned black with Cylon raiders". Now, is this narration in the introduction sequence of the game? I didn't hear any more because of the playback issues (and my wife called). If it is, that places this game as a prequel to the mini, not TOS. (And the voice is hideous, in my opinion - fake accent done badly.)

Additional data: According to the character bio, Adama's father was killed in the first days of the war - hardly possible if the "Thousand Yahren War" concept was being used. Again, prequel to the mini.

The graphics appear to be based on TOS, though. But, the graphics of the mini are also based on TOS (the Viper, anyway), so there's no room for comparison there.

With the data available to me now, I conclude that the game is set up as a prequel to the miniseries, not TOS. That may not have been how the game started out life, but that's how it is in its final form.

I am willing to be converted (my son-in-law has an X-Box), but for now I say that the purchase of the game will be supporting the miniseries, not TOS; we should not buy it.

So convert me.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote