View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2005, 11:41 PM   #63
Qeutzal
Shuttle Pilot

Battlestar Galactica 1978

I have been reading your thoughts on how the colonies could be destroyes so easly and I would like to add my two cubits also.

1. Since the original show lasted only one season, the colonial navy was never fully developed. There had to be other types of war ships like cruisers, frigates, destroyers, scout, etc. frack, look at Star Trek and Star War. Even in the real world, the U.S. Navy has other classes of ships. Can you imagine trying to protect the U.S. with only 12 aircraft carriers; I cannot.

2. Another thing that has bothered me is why only 12 battlestars? there has to be more than just one per colony; if a battlestar left to engage the cylons, the home planet would be defenceless. My belief is that each colony has 12 battlestars at there desposal not one.

Here is my theory of what happened on that faithfull day. Since the war with the cylons was over, the majoraty of the fleet was in space dock and most of its warriors were planetside to celebrate the Armistice, only a skeleton crew was left to run the ships. The five battlestars on route to rondevou with the Star Kobal which I presume to be a diplomatic ship, were not fully armed as a sigh of good faith. With each battlestar not carrying its full complement of vipers, they were easy targets. When the cylons attacked the orbiting shipyards, most of the ships were probably powered down and had no chance to fight back.Well that is my theory and its probably nothing new to you.

By the way,here are several battlestar names that I have come up with

Gryphon, Sinaloa, Anahuac, Caligula, Olympus Mons, Kaifa Mons, Europa
Akira, Arco sadi, Aurora, Hellion and Osiris.
Qeutzal is offline   Reply With Quote