Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default War of the Gods (Part 2)

Original Airdate Part 2: January 21, 1979

Writer: Glen A. Larson.

Director: Dan Haller.

Guest Cast: Patrick Macnee (Count Iblis), Kirk Alyn (Old Man), Bruce Wright (Guard), Paul Coufos (Pilot), John Williams (Statesman).

Fans of the series have long questioned a mystery raised in the episode’s finale. Returning to the planet to investigate Iblis’ ship, Apollo, Starbuck and Sheba make a shocking discovery in the wreckage. That discovery, however, was never revealed on screen. "What you were going to see there was a cloven hoof," says story editor Jim Carlson, "but the network wouldn't allow that. We were going to have a very stylized boot so it would look like some unearthly being."

“It was horrible,” recalls Lockhart. “It was supposed to be something malevolent and deadly looking when I go in there. Apparently it was on short notice and this was the best they could come up with to suggest this Mephistopheles character – but they couldn’t show anything so they had to cover it. It looked like a dead sheep under a blanket with its feet sticking out. It was about the most unthreatening thing you have ever seen. It was far more effective to not ever show what we saw because for 25 years people have been asking about it.”

She laughs, “I guess I am a better actress than I thought because what I was reacting to was a furniture pad with four phoney feet sticking out of it.”

peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote