Thread: World Location
View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2005, 06:52 AM   #18
Tabitha
Bad Email Address

Bring it on... giggles.... well sorta. Thats the hollywood'ized version.
Im a flier, that is I stunt, so for me its not like that at all. For a flier its really more like team gymnastics. I have my bases, my tossers. They get me up there, then I have my catchers, usually the same, and spotters, they just make sure that if I get a bad toss I dont land on my own. So its all up to me in the middle. If its a back tuck basket toss, then I have to make that happen, or its the entire line that loses points. In artistic gymnastics, my overall scores might affect my team by helping or hurting the team total, but in competitive cheerleading, its right there, in your face win or lose. In gymnastics I can drop an event and still make all around if I just up my difficulty and increase my potential points, but in CC, there is no making up for it on the next round. If anyone on the line is out of place, fails to guesture in synch, anything at all, theres a point amount, be it a tenth, or more, then thats just what you have and your done. So yea, theres a true team sport in it, more than people think. Also its dangerous. More girls (as we typically are the fliers and stunters) get seriously hurt and killed each year in CC, than any other sport.
I liked that show it was sorta kewlies, it DID give us a boost in fan base, much like GINO has done for BSG. (Had to tie it in somewheres or it wouldnt fit a BSG forum) except it showed the team pride, the danger, and the excitement of the sport, not that one person IS the team and that wonderwomen can basically carry a team.
I hope Richard Hatches financial problems (I heard the IRS is talking to him) dont prevent him from giving us a great movie, BSG could sure use the boost that CC got from a great movie, that charges the fan base and excites new commers into something that is wonderful, but not appreciated by those who dont dig deeper than scratching the surface. I guess in a way BSG is sorta like CC, its far more complex and amazing than it would seem, and it is a team, no a family, event. Wow, how about that, maybe we will see Sheba in a mini and middyhalter... hey that might not be so bad. Maybe I can play Cassy?

tabbi
Tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote