View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2004, 04:38 PM   #16
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheleh
Ok, I didn't quite understand tha last one. Sept17th? (I don't mean about the clip being put in there to be a 'purist get tossed' message, which I don't agree with, but that's neither here nor there...) I mean the last bit.

"Time will tell. If Colonial Fan Force fails and Aircraftcarrierstar Mooronica is picked for an additional 13 episodes after January that may be true. But right now all the merchandise says TOS is Battlestar Galactica-The Only Way to Fly."

What do the Fan Force not reaching it's goals and anything about the series have to do with each other? I've heard Bill say many times (I'm paraphrasing, here) that the best way to support the Fan Force is to stop wasting negative energy on the series, and focus on the message of a continuation movie. If you link the two together and imply that one must fail for the other to succeed, you create a huge and unnecessary hurdle right from the start.

You want a continuation, fine. So do I. You think the TOS is the only valid show- also good. Just remember, as I do, how upset we got when people who wanted us to force us to like the new series busted into every thread in which we actually expressed liking for the original show, apparently to simply express negativity. It doesn't help the Fan Force to do the same thing if someone is enjoying a thread where they are looking forward to the new series. Just read it, and say, well, I have better threads to post, so to speak, and go post somehting about the CFF and it's inevitable success.

Just my two cent advice.
You're right about that Micheleh. That's worth a quarter at least.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote