View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2003, 05:26 PM   #7
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Wow 14th, this is some really deep stuff! I need to try and absorb all this before attempting a reply, but there is one thing you broached which I can chime in with right away:

Quote:
Originally posted by 14th Colony:
6) A- The evolutionists claim that the universe was created by an immense cloud of compressed gas that reacted and exploded to form galaxies. If that were true, where did the cloud of gas come from?
B- The creationists believe that God created the universe from nothing. So where did God come from?
You just awoke a memory cell within me - my very first day of Sunday School, I dunno I guess I was about 3 - the teacher described the creation of Genesis to us. When done, she asked if there were any questions. My hand went up immediately. My question? Yep, you guessed it, where did God come from? The response I got was like asking your parents where babies come from for the first time! For either evolution or creation, both have to assume the premise that SOMETHING existed before existence. And that inevitably leads to a mind-numbing quandary of the shape of Time itself.

Me? I am the highly emotional type, prizing warmth and affection over cold science. I go with the belief that God /is/ existence, and therefore always was. I find it much easier to believe that so much beauty and order came from Someone beautiful and ordered Himself, rather than random emotionless chaos.

After all, even an explosion as big as the Big Bang needs a spark....and creating something out of sheer loneliness is as bright and burning as I can imagine...

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote