View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2012, 03:07 PM   #103
gmd3d
Major

Default Re: Where Are The Fleets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsehound View Post
My point is from afar you can't see where the batteries are. I didn't know the two cannons in the stock shots were on the flight pods until I saw a post with a close-up of the launch tubes and where they were.

Since it makes sense that a larger cannon fires a larger bolt and is more powerful, if weapons are large enough to be seen from afar it suggests they're more powerful. If you look at a battlestar there's no obvious guns. Many of the weapons on an ISD are also not obvious, except for the four sideline turrets.

Even so, thanks for that image. Always nice to see uncommon stuff. Though I wonder if that crewman image would mean another debate on battlestar scaling...
No problem.....

I understand the point your making... I don´t agree totally with it

While I am not expert in this area......... the larger cannon makes sense if it was shooting a projectile to cover a large range...

But would a larger cannon make a difference when using a laser beam. (how ever that would be done by some advanced race)

??

I have given this a little thought recently,

If I was designing a weapon for the Battlestars or any space craft expected to going into battle, I would do my best to shield them behind armor as much as possible.

Rather than having them too exposed and open to easy attack as we see in the show...

some thoughts ?

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote