View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2011, 11:20 PM   #33
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Location: In My Battlestar over San Diego waiting for everyone else...

Default Re: Colonial Fleet star system Cyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
I am bit rusty one some event I am long time away from the show and I am only grabbing snippets when I can and time allows me.

I want expand as much as possible to the BSG universe.

But I feel that some aspect of the novels should be considered canon so long as it does not confident with what is on screen. I agree there.

if we run in to deadlock we can use the voting or poll system to allow the community to decide.

is that agreeable to all.
Agreeable to me as well.

Another informational tidbit to the planet Gemon.
As Cassiopia stated to Starbuck in SoaSW, the Otori Sect do not believe in contact between genders except when sanctified by the Priest during High Worship of the Sunstorm which comes once every seven years.
"Worship of the Sunstorm" might indicate some sort of solar activity that occurs every 7th annual cycle on Gemon.
One could speculate that Gemon has either an elliptical orbit that brings it closer to it's OWN sun or it comes closer to ANOTHER sun every 7th year.
Is this a possible clue to the layout of the planets of the Colonies?
Thoughts?

Steve

"You're gonna need a bigger boat..." Chief Brody - Jaws
"Kind of a bummer gettin' your butt kicked by a dead guy" - Col. T.C. McQueen, S:AaB-(Ray Butts)
"A kind word and a 2-by-4 is better than just a kind word" - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
"WIVES...uh...aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?" Starbuck - Living Legend
"Every creature in the Universe is out to exterminate us and YOU want to hire a vocal group." Boomer - Saga of a Starworld
CBSG4ever is offline   Reply With Quote