View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2009, 05:20 AM   #163
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

Quote:
I agree that sometimes feedback to work is not in the number the artist hopes it would be. However that does not mean it isn't being enjoyed. I've found in business too often people speak up for negative responses and rarely speak up for compliments. Luckily the group here is generally supportive. Yes, the topic may not go on at the top of the list forever, but it does seem appreciated.
This is a dead on quote. It's hard to know sometimes if it's good, bad or wonderful. It's hard for an artist of any measure to guage there work without feedback. Whether good, bad or indifferent i find it frustrating that you do not get more feedback. Sometimes i'm my own worst enemy. I'll actually really enjoy something but never post to say how much i had. But again sometimes we find ourselves wishing for more. That was good but i wish it was same ole same ole.

Take for instance my work on the cg model of the Galactica. To this day i have not seen a more accurate recreation. Now there could be but in our little world i have not. I've posted the wip in different places. Some really know what there looking at but some just ignore it. Not tooting my own horn here but why is that? You look at the view counters and they will read 300 views and 10 responses. As an artist i want to hear both perspective's. It's what makes us better. Even if it's not what you like we'd like to hear your thoughts. In the end with enough responses you'll get a more polished product that everyone will enjoy.

But i say again, someday's i'm my own worst enemy.