View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2009, 06:10 PM   #149
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini1999 View Post
I guess what I'm really missing is those days when the TOS BSG community was still a community, even if we all didn't agree with each other all the time. I feel that there are still good times to be had as a community, even if we don't have something specific to focus on.

Just call me the "mopey one", I guess.

Bryan

Bryan,

You're not the only one being mopey and with good reason. We share the same feelings and loss about the TOS community. That might contribute to my aversion at anyone screaming that we should take up the sword and fight, yet again, for what is a fruitless cause ... convincing blindly hostile people that they should be more appreciative of the original series and its fans and trying to get the attention of TPTB who clearly don't care.

I never felt you or anyone was pointing any fingers, nor was I trying to do so myself. I was only trying to illustrate that as a group, at times, we're a lot like a group of drunks at the bar vowing that as soon as they finish the next round, they're going to figure out why they're all becoming alcoholics.

Perhaps in that vein, combining the response to Malkyte about why I'm not doing any more Galactia projects was a misstep. It wasn't meant as an attack but merely a "State of the Fanbase", ... or at least for those wishing that something would have been made for the 30th anniversary.

Also, in the interest of total disclosure, there's probably a lesson from Iraq here, although some won't really like it because it sounds too much like surrender to some.

I think its probably time for almost everyone here to return to the Skiffy board and engage with the fans there. I see the end of GINO a lot like the Iraqi reconcilliation. There's a lot of ugly people there but the rules aren't the same as they used to be. Civility is militantly enfored (usually - sometimes its ignored). I think positive interactions there is probably a good idea, not because I think that we're going to sway anyone but because I hope it will start to restore a sense of unity.

They're a fractured lot as well and in many ways, in the same vein as we were a few years ago.

I also think that there's some good friendships to be made there. I know I have. I think some representation from the more reasonable of us can only be a benefit.

Eric, I didn't know you were still writing. I read the first few pages of the Baltar story. Good stuff. With some polish, it could make for a good audio production if you could get someone to produce it. I think your mastery of the Galactica story would be a pretty good foundation for a continuation via audio -- just a suggestion.

Jason, I look forward to seeing what you do with the DVDs.

For myself, expect two more episodes of "GINO - The Audio Production" and then I'm done with Galactica in every fashion except for checking out other folks productions and making occasional posts on the boards.

Russell