View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2009, 07:27 AM   #124
Athene
Galactica's Princess

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica to the Big Screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monolith21 View Post
I agree that harnessing this renewed sense of direction would be great. I know at the end of the day it is a lot of effort without much to show for in return. God knows we've all thrown our time, money, and devotion behind this.

I'm trying to get some people together as a sort of promotional team to go out to events in costume and spread the word. I think the biggest bummer is that so many Galactica events go without original series representation anymore. Today there was a small convention in San Diego where most of a panel on "Battlestar Galactica" was devoted to bashing on the original series.

I hate to sound melodramatic, but they're literally declaring superiority and supremacy.

John (The Klingon General here) and I actually tracked some of them down face to face to discuss this (not in a threatening way) and they back pedaled in the face of original series fans. I know not everyone would be into it, and I know a lot of you deserve a break after all the efforts you've put in over the years. I'd just like to represent the REAL Galactica in some capacity with fellow fans.

I'm all for another post card campaign. I'm not sure how much good they do but it can't hurt. Are the Colonial Fan Force post cards still available at Cafe Press?
I say we all get together and send a letter or post cards.
I have another idea as well.
How about an online/email campaign?
Is there a way of us setting up an online petition which all of us can sign?

Battlestar Earth admin
Galactica's Princess admin
Battlestar Galactica Club Board Theme/Avatar Keeper
Athene is offline   Reply With Quote