View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2004, 02:09 AM   #14
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Ah...a fave subject o' mine...

Well, currently my fave vidgame console is the Playstation 2. I am used to the controls, and I love many of the games that are out for it. Timesplitters 2 in particular. Now, although the game is out on other consoles, to my knowledge, the PS2 and Xbox versions are the only ones with 16 player capability via LAN party. Also, when I had broadband, I used to play SOCOM Navy Seals...now that was a blast. If and when I get broadband again, I plan to play SOCOM II, and Resident Evil: OUTBREAK! I also want to get the 40GB HDD that is out (comes with Final Fantasy XI, but I doubt I'll be playing that immediately) I want the HDD for downloadable content for SOCOM II, and hopefully Timesplitters 3 (when it comes out.)

The disheartening thing about the new PS2 model is that they removed the Firewire port (that little square plug that was tucked in nice and neat with the two USB ports at the front left of this system), and replaced it with a built in IR receiver for the new model remote control.

I do plan to get an Xbox eventually. I want to play HALO 2 sooooooo bad. I just don't like the fact that you have to buy a remote control just so it will play DVD movies. Who knows, it may end up being my fave console when I do get it. I do know that I will buy a couple of adapters that allow you to use PS2 controllers on the Xbox, in case any of mi amigos y amigas have trouble getting used to an Xbox controller.

I used to have a Sega Dreamcast also. Wow...now there was an awesome, yet short lived system. (Sega had trouble since the 32X adapter for the Genesis.)
I used to play Unreal Tournament and Quake III Arena online with the DC. (Used to be REAL good at Unreal Tournament....got quite a few "%&$*#&^ you, Chang!'s" when I used the sniper rifle... :laugh:

Wow....at one time, I used to have a whole felgercarb load of systems. PS1, PS2, Super Nintendo, Sega Dreamcast, and Sega Gamegear. And I used to have a ton o' games between those systems.

Well, that's me rantin and ravin for now.

Respectfully to all,
Martok 2112 aka General Chang