View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2006, 09:47 PM   #3
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Default Requiem; A Play of the Battlestar Pegasus, Act 1(Continued)

First Act(continued)

Act 1; Scene 4

Setting; Hillside on the planet Murado.

[Note to set dresser]

Use a backdrop; either a scene of a petroleum refinery, or an open pit mine. The rest of the stage/camera shot is bare, (except for a Cylon vehicle; if you can arrange it). If you cannot manage the Cylon vehicle, then play the scene without it.

[Note to the director]

Once again, you can use whatever Cylon extras[see production notes] you need to dress out the stage. These ^Centurions^are armed with rifles. There are ^clones^,(obviously humanoid) which are workers. These march across the stage, at irregular intervals, carrying tools. The indication should be, that these clones are the worker ants, to a tylium ore processing factory-hive.

The Cylons;

Gold Cylon#1

Cylon 2

Centurion 1 [See producxtion notes]

Centurion 2 [See producxtion notes]

Centurion 3 [See producxtion notes]

----------------------------------------------

Clone 1 [See production notes]

Clone 2 [See production notes]

Clone 3 [See production notes]

Clone 4 [See production notes]

Gold Cylon# 1; Report.

Cylon 2; The Colonial drone approached within one tenth of a second, before we attained a fire solution. It is certain that we were detected.

Gold Cylon #1; Did you send off the contact report?

Cylon 2; Yes.

Gold Cylon #1; Are you certain, that our own preparations are complete?

Cylon 2: Yes. As instructed, solonite charges are set in the tylium dumps. Query?

Gold Cylon #1; Proceed.

Cylon 2; Why do we risk the destruction of so much valuable refined fuel? We have this world heavily defended, thanks to the Human traitor, Ravidge. The Colonials cannot possibly risk a full-fledged assault upon this place. Our guns outrange theirs, and they dare not risk destabilizing so much dark matter. The explosion would destroy everything within this star system. It is not logical.

Gold Cylon #1; Humans do not deal in logic. They deal in need. We exploit this. The traitor, Ravidge, needed us to build his particle projector: so that he could satisfy his curiosity; concerning why top spin quarks wobble, while bottom spin quarks do not. The Colonials of the Pegasus fleet, now, need fuel. So they will ignore the immutable logic of their situation; which is to submit to us, and hope for survival. They ac,t instead, in defiance, based on their need.

Cylon 2; How long do you intend to allow the traitor, Ravidge, to live?

Gold Cylon #1; Until I get Pegasus.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Act 1 Scene 5

Setting; Wardroom aboard the Pegasus

[Note to set dresser]

Use the set that you dressed for Cain's quarters. Change the wall hangings, and the furniture. You should have a conference table rigged up like the navigation/plotter that you used on the Phoenix's bridge set. Likewise, there should be the Plexiglass plot board in the back of the set/camera shot to provide an en camera aid to the audience/camera POV; as to what Cain's merry band of pirates scheme to do to the Cylons.

[Note to the director]

Block this scene, and subsequent scenes, carefully; so that the actors don't foul each other, as they move to scribble on the plexiglass. Make sure that the actors write large enough, and bold enough; so that the action, planned, is clear enough; to show the audience what is going on in the play, as it progresses.

The plotters of Pegasus assemble;

Admiral Cain

Pegasus' Captain; Captain Herodatus Caman

Pegasus' CAG; Captain Tyro Glen

Pegasus' Chief of Marines; Major Gideon(Hacksaw)Johron

Ensign Bartimus(Buster)Crabbe

Doctor Archet

Cain(sitting at the head of the table), looks down the into tabletop, as if the admiral is peering into a well of space.); Its a blue-white B class star. The tylium is on the fourth planet. That planet has the thickest belt of gun satellites I have ever seen. And we need that fuel. I am open to suggestions, gentlemen?

Captain Herodatus Caman; We war-gamed a standard assault, Admiral. It does not work. Even if we jump in, on top of them; a dozen of those gunsats will skewer us, like a Geminese magician doing a sword trick.

Cain; Well, Mister, what do you suggest?

Doctor Archet(interrupting) These gunsats may be Colonial particle beam weapon platforms, but the layout contro looks to be Cylon. Three distinct discrete layers, like an onion. If that is Cylon true, then; I bet my school key; that it is a Cylon control logic governing the defense. They will have a central command..........

Captain Tyro Glen; So what are you suggesting, Doc?

Ensign Bartimus(Buster)Crabbe; With respect, Sir, He suggests that we take the command center, and thereby knock out the satellite system.

Captain Tyro Glen(Looking at Gideon(Hacksaw)Johren); A commando raid?

Major Gideon(Hacksaw)Johron(Obviously annoyed at the CAG); It is possible. I have to assume that the raid party is expendable, so it will be a volunteer mission.

Major Gideon(Hacksaw)Johron goes over to the plexiglass plot screen and he puts up a transparency of the tylium planet, that he picks up from the conference table. He marks an X on the transparency.

Major Gideon(Hacksaw)Johron; That is where the Artemus' probe RDFed the most transmissions from the planet. So, that is where I expect the tin-heads put their command bunker. Idiots never disperse. Here is where the tylium dumps are. (He draws this) I guarantee, that the dumps are mined. So, we have to sneak in, and knock out two objectives; the satellite command, and the detonation master control.(He draws this on the planet map.) .

Cain; Very well. Mister Johron, you will handle the planet-side details. Mister Tyro, I expect you to find a way, to get that raid party in. If we can defuse the Cylon mines, and turn off the satellites , we can close-orbit the planet with the Artemus, and rail-gun the Toasters dirt-side from altitude. Kinetics. We get the fuel......

Doctor Archet; And those lovely particle projectors.......

Cain; My thoughts exactly.....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of Act 1
Damocles is offline   Reply With Quote