View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2021, 11:57 AM   #23
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Default Re: Virtual Season Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundark View Post
The VS project was tremendous - just a superb effort on the parts of all those who contributed. I really enjoyed it !! Oh, how I wish they had given us just one more season, at least (but minus some of the wonky threads that Larson was throwing out there, egad).

I have now dug into Eric's versions of the of the televised episodes, and am partway into WOTG. To jump back to Fire in Space, I think you really filled in some huge plot holes in a very detailed fashion, Eric. You wove in a lot of additional dialogue and situations that made it much more cohesive.
Thanks! Glad you've enjoyed the VS and hopefully in the next few months the logjam will soon be broken and we'll have seven new stories to run (at least one longstanding plotline will finally be resolved)

"Fire In Space" was the very first adaptation I did back around 1996 I think and it did help set a template where I wanted to "fix" plot holes in the episode as it aired, but at the same time to respect the basic continuity points of the episodes themself and not "reinvent" things the way the Thurston novelizations did where the Cylons were still reptiles etc. Doing the adaptations out of sequence also kind of helped give me a sense of where foreshadowing needed to take place etc. And even the episodes I didn't end up adapting (GOIPZ, Lost Warrior, Take The Celestra) I still made sure to acknowledge so that they still did happen.

Appreciate your feedback and I know we'll be looking forward to your story efforts too.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote