View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2004, 07:07 PM   #10
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie90125
Hi,

I may be going to get a bit of a battering here but I actually don't care that Star Wars isn't going to be released in its original form. I thought the special editions were great !

He is right that they are available on vhs (and legit Hong Kong DVD) if anyone wants them. But where he is wrong is about piracy. Fans WILL buy a pirate is they are deprived of what they want. I work (legally) in the bootleg side of the music industry. That is the principle I work by. Give the fans what they want, or watch them get it else where. I tell so many artists this....

I also really REALLY welcome his letting Star Wars into TV. Fans will know that there has already been :

Droids cartoon series
Ewok cartoon series (x2)
Star Wars Holiday Special
2 Ewoks made for TV movies.

I would really like to see TV episodes featuring familiar characters from the movies. For example what adventures did the 2 droids have between the 2 trilogies ?

You might think this impossible (and I wasn't impressed with young Indiana Jones) but the following characters are ageless :

Darth Vader
The Emperor
C3PO
R2D2
Chewbacca
Admiral Ackbar
Jabba (and co)
Boba Fett
StormTroopers (etc)
Yoda
etc.

That is just looking at the classic trilogy. I am VERY impressed with the new actor they have to play Grand Moff Tarkin, he could be included as well. Although I don't think you can properly include Han, Luke or Leia with other actors...

I'd love to see some episodes set inbetween movies to flesh out the storyline.... I'd rather they spent millions on that then cleaning up old movies we already have better versions of....
Ernie I disagree with you but you are entitled to your opinion.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote