View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2005, 04:24 PM   #45
Centurion Draco
Equal rights for Cylons!

I saw Battlestar Galactica at the cinema when it first came out, and then 'Mission Galactica' when that arrived a year or so later.
We didn't get the TV series version of it until some years after that, and in fact I had no idea it was a TV show until then!

In 78 (I think it hit the cinemas over here in 78?) I thought it stood up very well with the other sci-fi films of the time, and in fact I actually preffered it to Star Wars Ep4 and Star Trek TMP.
I think the FX and props were what attracted me to it as a kid. I really loved the ships, and the Cylons were an absolute revelation after the usual boring monsters/aliens of previous films.
The whole 'feel' of the show was perfect! It was like everything was thought through properly, from the unintelligable units of measurement, the clothing, the weapons, the steam catapults to launch the vipers, the little clues hinting at connections with ancient civilisations on Earth, it was all just perfect.
Rather like the casting!
I think it's the only show/film ever that I really can't find a 'weak' performance in.
It was just Class!
Centurion Draco is offline   Reply With Quote