View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2005, 03:03 PM   #40
Creegan

Hello all. First post.

I'm a long time fan of the first Battlestar Galactica series and I'm glad there's a community of people that still have a love for that first show. I can honestly say that I've tried to like the new series, but I've never been able to enjoy it much. Maybe it's because it's all so different from the original show. I was a boy when Battlestar Galactica had its network run, and I can remember eagerly looking forward to each episode. I always tended to love stories about heroes, and the characters of Battlestar Galactica seemed like heroes of the highest order: defending all that was left of the human race against mechanical foes that felt nothing and wanted to destroy mankind. The story captured my imagination as much as the first Star Wars film did when I was a boy, and I still love the stories and characters to this day. Maybe it's the fact that I like rooting for the underdog, or just love stories of heroes fighting against incredible odds. Whatever, the first is a classic, and I never get tired of it.