View Single Post
Old December 25th, 2003, 11:17 AM   #4
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Quote:
18) Don't you hate when people blow their noses while you're eating?
Yes. I think it is sickening and revolting, especially when they sit there and dab and pick with the handkerchief to get every last particle out.

Quote:
19) Is there something in your life that you regret not finishing, or attempting?
Oh yeah, big time. My finished but needs to be reworked unpublished novel, my 3 other outlined and summarized dramatic/spiritual novels; my BSG synopsis for a potential BSG continuation novel; my 2 book Star Wars series, the first one completed thus far as a first draft only, and with true potential; my 9-book PGW sci-fi/fantasy/war saga, outlined and summarized and standing by to be worked on after dreaming it up when I was 7 and being worked on and modified ever since; and my intended big book of short stories, poetry, and song lyrics.

Quote:
20) Complete the following Han Solo phrase: "Listen, your worship-fullness, I've been from one side of the galaxy to the other, and until I met you, I..."
”…had to keep Chewie’s butt shaved because he was my only comfort.”

Quote:
21) Aside from physical pain or the death of a loved one, what draws out your emotions and brings on the tears, in life, the world, or movies?
I have a hard time expressing emotions, and in a way I don’t feel the full scope of emotions that other people do. But seeing other people’s pain, sorrow, and sudden joys moves me, whether in movies or TV, and sometimes real life. Parents being reunited with their kidnapped child, crying in relief and happiness; People’s pain over losing a loved one, stuff like that, even though I don’t show it when I am in pain myself, bring out my emotions.

Quote:
22) When you were a child, what, if any, film or television characters did you have a crush on?
Penny Robinson from Lost in Space (the original TV show); from the original Batman show, Batgirl; Mary-Ann from Gilligan’s Island; Linda Blair; Rita Moreno from an episode on Baretta; Dana Plato in Different Strokes; Athena from BSG, and Leia Organa.

Quote:
23) Do you think that other posters see in your messages a real indication of your actual personality, an extension of it, an alternate identity or alter ego, or an aspect of who you wish you really were?
Heh heh heh, sometimes I don’t even know who I am or what I’m supposed to be like, so I don’t know what others assume about me. I know there are a few posters who deal with depression and mood swings so they can understand me more, but for the most part I doubt that other than possibly Stray Viper, that anybody knows about the dark pits of depression that I fall into often and how miserable I am every day. My depression is constant even with anti-depressant meds, and every day I wish I could be free of this and face the world without the dark lenses affixed over my eyes clouding my vision of life and the world. This depression is why I am not and cannot be what others wish I would and could be.

Even outside the message board in everyday life, many people don’t see me as I really am. I am a little shy and very insecure, yet people have told me that they couldn’t believe that because around people I am very outgoing and active in conversation. I replied that my positive outgoing nature was merely an act to hide my insecurity. It works too, because if you portray yourself as an extrovert people don’t realize how withdrawn you really are. Thus, you fool everybody but yourself.

Quote:
24) If you could live out your life in peace and harmony in a sci-fi/fantasy setting of your choosing, from what film, TV show, or book would it be, and what is the location?
I did say peace and harmony, meaning even a war setting in the film but in your case in a time of peace without danger. I love Alderaan, based on the visions of Ralph McQuarrie who painted it in such beauty and grandeur. So without the negative affects of the Empire or the threat of the Death Star, I would choose Alderaan to live on. I might otherwise chose Rivendale from Lord of the Rings, but I am a modern man and I could not live in such a time without modern conveniences. I love Coruscant from the SW prequels and have a 30,000-plus pieces of Lego model of Coruscant buildings, but while I would love to visit that world hypothetically, it is far too busy and noisy to live on, without grass and trees and oceans.

Quote:
25) If you could go back through time and distance and witness, as a passive observer safe from any dangers at that location, a conflict or event from the past, what would you like to see with your own eyes?
The creation of the universe. Whether or not it was a natural occurance that happened by accident, or the will and work of God almighty, I would like to see it happen before my eyes.

Quote:
26) Through a message from God, you learn that you will die quickly and painlessly after 4 days, but God has spoken to you and you are at peace with it. You are given the divine ability, before you die at the end of 4 days, to accomplish and/or experience 4 incredible and otherwise difficult or impossible things over 4 days, and you will not be slowed or affected by hunger, thirst, or need of sleep during that time . The answers cannot include speaking with dead relatives or seeing into a loved-one's future. I did say divine, so anything is possible other than outwitting the 4 day limit, although the Earth days could be extended by a few hours for each (but Mercurian, Venesian, and Plutonian days cannot be used). Heck, you could even be a chicken for a day, if you wanted to be able to lay an egg. So, what do you chose to do, be, or experience?
1) I have always been fascinated by the undersea, even though I am terrified of the ocean. So without being affected by lack of light, need for oxygen or the pressure and cold of the deep ocean, I would want to spend a day swimming along the bottom observing the beautiful sea life. Continuing downward along the bottom, I would swim down to the deepest, darkest, coldest depths of the ocean bottom to see the mystifying life that exists even down there.

2) My greatest regret, frustration, and sense of failure is my collection of unpublished books, unfinished novels, and unstarted stories. I have so many stories locked in my imagination that I am desperate to get out and see finished, and so many dreams of someday seeing them as movies. My greatest fear of dying is that my stories will die with me and never be seen by the world. But at least before I died if I could see them presented to me on a magical movie screen filmed as I had imagined them, I would feel better about my life and my unfulfilled goals. So on one day, which would need to be extended by a few more hours, I would like to be able to sit in a magical theatre and watch on a dream screen, miraculously created movie versions of all my books and unfinished stories.

3) See, enter, and travel in a hyperdrive starship of my own design, launching off of the deck of the warship I designed and drew from my PGW sci-fi series, and soar across the galaxy at impossible speeds. I would want to fly out past the rim of the galaxy, look back, and keep going across the universe past the farthest galaxy. And then, just as we gaze up at the stars in the night sky in awe and wonder, I would gaze out upon the collection of galaxies sitting in the sea of blackness, and be overwhelmed by the immensity of the entire universe before my eyes. We look up and see the many stars but we know that there are so many more that we cannot see. I want to see it all in totality, with no more expance remaining unseen.

4) A day of eating all the foods I crave and love without getting full or sick, including all the ice cream and other treats I’m not supposed to eat due to my type-2 diabetes.

*Whew* I finally got that survey done, although I missed a few answers and will go back later and add them in. I had a lot to say and said it after a lot of thought, so I do hope everybody gets around to reading that long winded soap box speech.

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
https://www.facebook.com/legoshine
My Writing Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/InSpi...47884321946870
The 14th Colony is offline   Reply With Quote