View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2004, 08:03 AM   #18
Archangel
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 14th Colony
Click here for Part 1 of the 14th Colony Survey series:

The 14th Colony Survey, Part II

Tis not for my knowledge that asked these questions are, but for your own contemplation and entertainment by answering. If they draw on your thoughts and lead you to become a deeper thinker and enlightened person in the process, my efforts have paid off. On the other hand, if you think the queries ridiculous and get nothing out of them, then it's only a stupid survey on a message board, what did you expect? =) Some are deep, some are shallow, some are lame, and some are perhaps disturbing. You have been warned. Turn back now or forge ahead, but do not hold me responsible for any fits of disgust, gagging, flatulence, or sheer boredom you may experience from the following questions:

1) Who do you see as the person or group who has made the greatest contributions to mankind in the 20th century? Einstein
2) What do you think is the ultimate collective goal of mankind? Is it domination and control, discovery and understanding, knowledge and betterment, or something other? What is our society striving towards? At this point I would have to say dominance and control
3) What invention of the 20th century do you feel affected and moved society forward the most for better or worse?
A- The automobile
B- The airplane
C- The computer
D- Television and/or movies
E- The harnessing of nuclear energy

4) This is a two-parter, but do not read the second question until you've answered the first.
#1: Say that a brand new form of transportation was invented that would bring our world closer together by cutting traveling time by two thirds. However, this new transportation, this new invention, comes at a steep price, which is that it will cost thousands upon thousands of lives each year. Would you support this invention and agree with its use by those who could be killed by its misuse? No
#2: Say that you can travel back in time to right a dreadful invention of the past. With the first part of this question in mind, would you stop the automobile from being invented? Yes, I'm comfortable on horses.

5) In the Battlestar Galactica or Star Wars galaxy, what do you feel is the most beneficial technology used by the societies we've seen in the films or shows? Starships

6) A- The evolutionists claim that the universe was created by an immense cloud of compressed gas that reacted and exploded to form galaxies. If that were true, where did the cloud of gas come from? That goes back to the Big Bang theory, so I'm not qualified to answer B- The creationists believe that God created the universe from nothing. So where did God come from? I definately am not qualified to answer that one
7) With as serious an answer as possible, if you could be any person in the world for one week to experience an aspect of their life, at any given time in history or the present, who would it be and why (not friends or loved ones)? I really can't think of anybody
8) If you could alter your memory so as to mail yourself a gift and receive it as a complete surprise, what would it be? At this point, an inflatable date

Now the disturbing ones:
9) An evil, sadistic villain is going to kill you. There is no way to escape. You are being pushed forward by an unstoppable wall toward three holes in the floor that you cannot get past or jump over. One hole leads to a blazing furnace. The second hole leads to a pool of boiling water. The third hole leads to a pit of hydrochloric acid. You will, without a doubt, be pushed into one of the holes, and there are only thirty seconds before the edge. Which hole will you let yourself fall into? :scatter: acid

10) The evil sadistic villain changed his mind at the last moment and forced you into another room instead, where you are pushed by a moving wall toward five holes that you cannot get past or jump over. Each hole contains either a hungry lion, a "Jurassic Park" velociraptor, a Rancor, a pool of water with a school of piranha, and another pool with a great white shark; Your only hope is to choose the least agonizing experience, so do you choose the lion, the shark, the piranha, the Arachnid, or the Raptor? :pacman: raptor

11) The evil sadistic villain changed his mind again, but for the last time. You are now in the last room with the worst choice to make. You are put in the room with a loved one as well as a perfect stranger, and the villain hands you a gun with just one bullet. With the reminder of the agonizing options of questions 9 and 10 awaiting you if you do not go forward, you are told that you must either shoot your loved one, shoot the stranger, or shoot yourself. You have no choice, you must fire at someone. Who will you shoot? :trooperz: me

Take a deep breath. It's time to have fun again:
12) Lets make believe that you find a genie in a bottle, who grants you three wishes. Not world peace, or an end to poverty, or health for yourself and family, but three things of pleasure for yourself. What will you wish for? Wine, women and song No, make that song and a double order of women
13) Name one silly secret about yourself that you would only admit here due to the anonymity of the net. Hmmmm, Let me think...

14) Describe the funniest thing that happened to you, or involved you, in relation to a BSG, convention, sci-fi event, or whatever experience. Never been...

15) Please keep this G rated...What do you think are the most attractive non-sexual parts of the opposite sex's bodies? eyes

16) Hanging over the side of a yacht is a ladder with 22 rungs, each one a foot and a half apart. 19 rungs are above the water at low tide. High tide will bring the water level two and three quarter feet higher. At high tide how many rungs will be above the water? 19

17) Why is the sky blue? I am not qualified to answer that question

18) Don't you hate when people blow their noses while you're eating? Hell yeah
19) Is there something in your life that you regret not finishing, or attempting? yes

20) Complete the following Han Solo phrase: "Listen, your worship-fullness, I've been from one side of the galaxy to the other, and until I met you, I..." Have never seen a hairstyle that weird
21) Aside from physical pain or the death of a loved one, what draws out your emotions and brings on the tears, in life, the world, or movies? Other people's emotions (as annoying as that can be...)
22) When you were a child, what, if any, film or television characters did you have a crush on? Kim Fields(Tootie - The Facts Of Life)

23) Do you think that other posters see in your messages a real indication of your actual personality, an extension of it, an alternate identity or alter ego, or an aspect of who you wish you really were? an extension of it

24) If you could live out your life in peace and harmony in a sci-fi/fantasy setting of your choosing, from what film, TV show, or book would it be, and what is the location? Bajor

25) If you could go back through time and distance and witness, as a passive observer safe from any dangers at that location, a conflict or event from the past, what would you like to see with your own eyes? The last shot fired of WW2

26) Through a message from God, you learn that you will die quickly and painlessly after 4 days, but God has spoken to you and you are at peace with it. You are given the divine ability, before you die at the end of 4 days, to accomplish and/or experience 4 incredible and otherwise difficult or impossible things over 4 days, and you will not be slowed or affected by hunger, thirst, or need of sleep during that time . The answers cannot include speaking with dead relatives or seeing into a loved-one's future. I did say divine, so anything is possible other than outwitting the 4 day limit, although the Earth days could be extended by a few hours for each (but Mercurian, Venesian, and Plutonian days cannot be used). Heck, you could even be a chicken for a day, if you wanted to be able to lay an egg. So, what do you chose to do, be, or experience?
1. Pick the winning lottery numbers for a loved one, provided I find one before that time
2. Wipe one man that I know personally from the face of existence
3. Say good-by to everyone I ever cared about
4. That about does it.
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote