View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2004, 12:35 PM   #143
KJ
Strike Leader

Quote:
Seeing the scripts would be kind of fun. The variations in dialogue the actors spoke, or the last-millicenton changes scribbled in by whomever.
How true Senmut. For example. I can imagine how the opening of The Mutiny would begin, if it were actually a filmed episode. As it starts with Boomer, Starbuck and Apollo coming back from a patrol. With no reply from the bridge Starbuck gets bored and pulls some maneuvers with his Viper spinning around, before being told off by Colonel Tigh.

Stuff like that, its easy to imagine it happening with your imagination with the classic BG stock footage FX. Cos whats written down in scripts, captures the heart of the series and you can see certain things happening that you'd expect from an actual episode. Reading the script you try to see how it would have been done in your minds eye.

Out of all of them, Showdown, Two For Twilly and the original 2 part Fire In Space were almost shot for the first season weren't they! I Have Seen Earth along with Two For Twilly and Larson's Final Flight script might have been pushed back to the second season (barring that S-2 recovered document we've all heard about?) Crossfire became Gun On Ice Planet Zero and The Beta Pirates was demed too expensive to make?

Still getting round to reading the scripts, we can imagine what might have been. And since we know the characters so well. We can get added enjoyment out of reading situations they get involved in and dialogue they speak, imagine every sound, voice heard, character body language etc in everything you read in every page of an unfilmed script. Even though it wasn't filmed you can look back saying, i'd love to have seen that, that wouldn't happen, and come across abandoned concepts the scripts, had but the televisied episodes didn't have etc, and try to envision what they would have been like onscreen!

KJ