View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2009, 02:00 PM   #46
Captain Chirri
Shuttle Pilot

Default Re: 10: War Of The Gods

A while back, I ran across a fanfic on some site or other, where the plotline was a cross between BG and V: the TV series.

The upshot was, the Visitors were the last descendants of the original Cylon race. Their ancestors, after being mostly massacred by their robotic creations, made the same kind of exodus that the humans of the Twelve Colonies did, and hotfooted it across the galaxies until they reached the planet Sirius.

Unfortunately, I didn't read the fic in depth, so I can't remember more than that.

I know that the A-Team showed up, and had Face and Starbuck in the same room at some point. (I gotta find it again and read the whole thing!)

That gave me the seed of an idea for a fic of my own concerning the Cylons/Sirians, but I have to find my notes before I start blabbing about it here.

As to the episode, there were a few glaring plot holes that were never closed up, but overall I thought it was enjoyable.

The one thing that bugged me was the fact that we never saw the inside of the spaceship that Iblis was on, nor did we get a look at the crew.

Also, the age difference between him and Sheba was a bit much for me to take in.

It would have made more sense for a somewhat younger, and better looking actor, playing the vulnerability card to cozy up to her, and make her fall for him.

Not that Patrick MacNee is bad looking; but he didn't have that kind of 'oomph' and animal magnetism that a younger man would have had in the role.

As to who that could have been? I have no clue. I don't remember a lot of actors from the late Seventies very well.

Maybe someone here can come up with something.
Captain Chirri is offline   Reply With Quote