Thread: BSG Mini
View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2004, 06:24 AM   #9
Westy
Warrior

Eskimo....if your argument is the more valid, this means that if SCI FI Channel fails to take this to a series, all they have accomplished is killing BSG. I don't think so. If SCI FI Channel doesn't do a series, why would a more faithful continuation movie be redundant? It wouldn't be...so why should it be redundant if they *do* take the new mini to series? I point to Star Trek as precedent for having a TOS series of movies going on simultaneously at the same time a "reimaged" series was in production. Until the Generations movie came out, there wasn't any cross over between the 2. If Star Trek on the big *and* little screen can work, then why not BSG? I don't see one as mutually exclusive to the other. It's all in the marketing and advertising. One last point....what does it matter to mini fans if a TOS movie becomes a reality? Why bother stirring up this particular pot? To me, this is just another sad example of someone detracting from TOS for no good reason other than stirring things up.