View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2005, 08:52 PM   #32
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112
Yes, and I never got to fly mine yet...thanks to Katrina for that. One of the first things I want to do when I get back is use this stick with X Wing Alliance.

I also plan on using it in Galactica fanfilms, to represent a technological advancement for flying the Vipers.

And of course, for sheer beauty, you cannot beat the X52.

For those who have never seen the X52 before, here ya go:

Ain't it a beaut?

There are some people who are working on mods of older PC titles (like Freespace 2) to make Battlestar Galactica games. Most of them seem to be geared towards TNS, but I think they are trying to work up TOS versions as well. Wouldn't it be great to go online and battle it out as humans vs. cylons? Or to fly as a Viper formation against the Cylon menace? Or even lay as the Cylons whose sole mission it is to erradicate humanity? If I knew anything about game design modification, one of the things I would also add are launch and recovery operations aboard the Galactica. (That is an element that I think would've enhanced the game tremendously for PS2 and Xbox.) They did it for Wing Commanders III and IV, I believe.

In the game Ace Combat 4: Shatterred Skies, you can return to base (carrier or landbased, depending on your aircraft choice) to refuel and rearm, and can conduct relatively simple landing operations (or opt to skip that segment). Such an option would've been greatly welcomed in Galactica.

Respectfully,
Martok2112
Sweet! I like it!

Jim
dilbertman is offline   Reply With Quote