View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2005, 07:38 AM   #1
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Default About Muffit's Dad

Hi all my friends,

I finally got thru to my Mom last night. The surgery went thru okay, but there was a, “complication”. Somehow they punctured one of his lungs. He was supposed to be able to go home late that night or early the next day, but he came out of surgery in pain and unable to breathe. They sent him back in and took x-rays, and found his lung filled with fluids. The problem is, he is 75 and because of his heart cannot have anesthesia, so they had to operate on him awake (just locals), and to add to that, they had to put a hole in his back to his lung to drain it, evidently without the aid of localized or generalized pain relief, so he is in unbelievable pain. I have only seen my Dad cry twice in his entire life, and those were the loss of his closest friends and parents. He is a big man, ya know, the college fullback type, never shows emotion. But my Mom said he could not stop the tears, that hole and tube hurt so terribly bad. Last I heard at 12:30 last night, they still couldn’t do anything about the pain. He is already terribly fragile from a lifetime of 17 hour workdays (for us kids, who were always sick). No man I have ever known has ever been so selfless in his care for his family, even if he doesn’t always show it visibly. He had a very rare oboe, one of only 3 in the world, very special to him. He sold it for me and my siblings to pay our hospital bills. He sold his incredibly valuable vacation home, built by his father, for us too. He only went on one vacation that I know of in his life (with us). The rest of each and every year he worked holidays, everything, barely any time off. How could anyone ask for a better Dad?

My long journey begins in a few hours (several flights + road travel), any thing you can say to the Man Upstairs would be greatly appeciated. Perhaps He will take at least one moment to kiss the cheek of the person who brought me and kept me safe into this world.

With great love to all my friends,
Muffit
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote