View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2004, 10:26 AM   #59
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by antelope526
The customer service telecommunications jobs being outsourced to India can hardly be called high wage jobs here in America. The Indians answering the phones are overwhelmingly better educated and are far more likely to speak gramatically correct English than the Americans they replaced.
antelope,

What would you consider "high-wage" to be?

I happen to work in the customer service telecommunications industry and take incredible offense at your remarks. I will attribute it to coming from someone who has read all that there is to read about it but, otherwise has NO personal experience.

As far as the grammatically correct English, they might do that but, it's hard to tell because they speak so DAMNED fast. I have had conversations with my counterparts in Delhi, Bangalore, etc and have purposely stopped them and requested that they SLOW DOWN the velocity at which the words come flying out of their mouth!

Oh, and by the way, I didn't just fall off the apple cart yesterday. I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management and have worked for my current employer for nearly 20 years so, I am somewhat educated about the topics of which I speak!
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote