View Single Post
Old December 25th, 2003, 08:46 PM   #21
Dennis
Bad Email Address

It's not just a matter of the "look" though -- it's the resort to over-used sf tropes that this version of BSG pretty much successfully avoided in favor of a greater sense of reality and identification with the people in the drama. That was successful for the miniseries -- it's one reason so many folks actually noticed and are talking up the show out on the internet and IRL the last week or so -- and I'd like to see them stick to it.

This may wind up as a second miniseries or series of telefilms or something other than a weekly series. From a completely creative POV, I think that would be ideal -- maintaining the writing quality, texture and direction of the property as a series of connected but discrete stories over several years would be more achievable, I think (though it has its commercial downsides).

I'm afraid that to satisfy the core of skiffy fans that will tune into a show week after week these things seem these days to inevitably turn to macaroni-and-cheese stories and melodrama.
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote