View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2003, 02:19 PM   #12
Bijou88

The name of Dr. Zee #2 was (believe it or not) Patrick Stuart!!!! Not THE Patrick Stuart but a Patrick Stuart. Weird. Galactica 1980 was a hack job without a doubt. Still, there were a few interesting bits and pieces. The "computor simulation" shown in the first episode of a Cylon attack on Earth was impressive. I understand that they superimposed Cylon fighter footage onto stock footage from the movie "Earthquake." The episode "The Night the Cylons Landed on Earth" had a next generation Cylon raider that was interesting. I agree that the "Return of Starbuck" episode left you with an empty feeling. I mean, one of my favorite characters ended up marooned on a lonely rock without even a Cylon to keep him company. The episodes with the super scouts are unwatchable. The flying motorcycles were cool in a dorky, clunky and nerdy way. I wouldn't mind taking one up for a spin. Not very inconspicuous though. I mean Troy and Dillan were supposed to be undercover, right? Zipping through the air on space Hondas isn't the best way to blend in with the local population. All in all, Galactica 1980 was a failure and a let down. However, I would rather watch Galactica 1980 than sit through the mini again. That was painful.