SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by antelope526
Only one problem: Look at the TOS episode reviews versus the TNS episode reviews. On the TOS reviews there are no TNS fans writing the desparaging reviews. On the TNS episode reviews a large amount of the reviews are the reviews written by people who hate TNS but watch it just to slam it. Look at the threads objectively.

Most TNS fans are also TOS fans. Although it does happen it is rare to find a TNS fan desparing TOS today. When the exchanges do happen they are usually a response to a TOS only fan replying on a TNS subject. Example: GINO sucks, reply: I like it better than TOS (TOS only fan: They are desparing TOS)
Incorrect, unfortunately. If you look at most reviews where TOS is mentioned, regardless of if it's in a magazine or on the internet, TOS in nearly always spoken of dismissively - it's cheesy, it's a one-hit wonder, lousy writing & character development, etc. The glowing pro-TNS reviews are invariably at the expense of TOS.

Granted, you don't see it as much here, since the people who come here tend treat the feelings of others with respect, for the most part. But you do see it here occassionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antelope526
The response may be an opposing viewpoint but it is not an objective viewpoint. I think if you look at the TOS section you will find either TOS only fans or dual fans like Martok, myself, Rowan, etc. posting. The reverse of that can't be said on TNS threads.

Good recent example: A TNS thread: How should the series end: One reply: As soon as possible. That may be funny but it says volumes. No one would today post on the Dreams forum on a question about how should TOS end with such a response. If you can't see that, you can't see what's really going on.

Once upon a time so called minifans may have flamed this issue but ever since I have been here, over a year it definitely is fanned primarily by one side. As a fan of both versions it makes me sad.

Does anyone here hate Stargate, Andromeder, or Enterprise then watch the episodes just so you can run it down? Of course not.
I think you're perpetuating a common misconception, Antelope. There are many facets at work here.

Many feel that the mere existence of TNS has jeopardized any future chance of a continuation of the original, and that the longer TNS airs the less of a chance there is. I don't know how accurate that feeling is, given the air-headedness that permeates the Hollywood heirarchy (and Universal in particular). Therefore, "as soon as possible" is not an unreasonable individual answer to that particular question, if you actually want to look at it objectively.

But the majority of the Traditionalists that are watching nuBSG are watching in the hope that they see something they can identify with, simply because they are science fiction fans first. How many times have you seen one of us say "if only it was called something else"? I know I've said it. I've said that the references to 'Battlestar Galactica' actually detract from my enjoyment of nuBSG. Antelope, we want to find something to like here.

I believe you are mistaken as to the validity of Warrior's response. Look at it and compare it to the post it was replying to. It puts the shoe on the other foot. What if the roles were reversed? How would you, nuBSG fan, feel? It levels the playing field. Warrior is providing a valuable service, and I thank him for it.

Perhaps if a few more eyes were opened and people were less dismissive of what came before, many of the conflicts we've seen would have been avoided. Let's hope that can happen still.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote