View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2009, 05:39 AM   #33
Bradleyfett
Shuttle Pilot

Default Re: Galactica 1980 DVD's

Bryan and Peter:

Both ideas are great-

I'm not actually attached to the whole 'Afganistan/911 thing per se;, just an attempt to place it in mondern day. Plus the whole remote desert thing would play well for finding some sort of long lost Cylon outpost (my idea included finding out that this place had actually been in the desert for a lot longer than either Gulf war).

The Galacticans 'under cover' has to be maintianed for a while anyway to keep a storyline believable and relatable. Your idea of making contact/helping Earth OVERTLY is something I was actually including in my story- My idea was for the Galacticans to actually have no choice but to reveal themselves to the US Govenrment because they believed the Cylons were coming and Earth could not defend itself without their help. I imagined storylines of Earth/US Fighter pilots (or even astronauts!) being trained as Viper pilots/Warriors. Perhaps this would still be done as 'Top Secret', at least until a time when things got so nasty that it couldn't be hidden from the public. Of course all this would unfold over the course of several episodes.

All sorts of story ideas there.

M
Bradleyfett is offline   Reply With Quote