View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2004, 07:51 AM   #21
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelfaries
(According to Mr. Moore).....he called his version "a more mature take. It’s a more reality-based show than the original series."
"That is ONE opinion, it does not happen to be mine."

Quote:
Still, he hoped Mr. Hatch would eventually agree to come aboard for a few episodes. No hard feelings! "I think he’d be interesting, and the network would love to have him," he (Moore) said.
Oh, they are praying that some of the original actors "come on board". What better way to silence the folks clamoring for a continuation. Skiffy's and Moore's hope is that we will just "go away" and if our 'heroes', so to speak, were to cross the line, that could very well happen. We're still a thorn in their side.

Quote:
"I can only hope that someday soon, we’ll have channels and studios that truly understand and respect the wishes of the multi-generational and broad-based Science Fiction community."
I echo this sentiment. Why is it that the "hollywood-types" always seem to think they know more than the folks that watch their shows. They don't listen to what the people want and then, (amazingly) wonder why the shows they produce go quickly into "the round file". I am rather "bored" with today's, uh, "sophisticated tastes".

"So Say Can You See?"
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote