View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2021, 06:27 PM   #62
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Default Re: BG-02: Lost Planet Of The Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundark View Post
When I watched this on television at the tender age of 15, I was in love with Apollo & Serina being in love. Then Serina died and I bawled my eyes out. I still bawl my eyes out every time. Apollo's complete helplessness in having to let her go, literally shattered, then having to instantly man up to be strong for Boxey. Brutal, that. I'm bearing my soul on that one, folks.

We're very fortunate Jane Seymour gave in and agreed to come back for one more episode. The way she was supposed to be killed off in Saga, where she would die from radiation sickness and we would see her at the end of the episode quietly leave the room to go off to die and leaving Boxey with Apollo would have been far less effective than having Apollo and Serina become married and providing a more definitive bond to each other that makes Apollo's subsequent raising of Boxey have a valid context.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote