View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2006, 12:12 PM   #21
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBSG4ever
No problem on the "dogpiling". It helps flesh things out. Thanks for the input and comments Damocles.
I never poach on another's ideas, unless I can praise them and somehow contribute to their further evolution in my small way-and your ideas were very good. It got me to thinking about the Exodus in a new way.

Quote:
Something else. I do believe someone, either a member of the 13th tribe or a rep from the 9th Lord of Kobol, must have visited Earth prior to the Exodus from Kobol.
Scouting party from Kobol to find a new world; or did the LBs lead the 13th tribe along the way? Think biblical.
Quote:
In "The Long Patrol" Adama teaches Boxey how to draw the solar system that contained the planet Earth. Adama obtained this info from the ancient writings. I see no other way Adama could do this, unless someone from Kobol had already been to Earth and back to chart the layout of Earth's solar system. It would've had to have been given to the 12 tribes/9th Lord to document what the system looked like (in some detail, I might add) for Adama to describe it. Or are we still talking the LBs again? Am I way off base on this premise? Ideas, comments & thoughts welcome.
1. There is no doubt in my mind that Pharoah or his survivor(I don't think the 13th tribe left Kobol amicably) recorded the event along with whatever travel data that the 13th tribe used that the other twelve tribes could use to pursue them.

2. The LBs are my favorite source for the 13th tribe Exodus data. Its a VERY long way to Earth. Certainly it is longer than the short hop from Kobol to the Twelve Colonies of Man. The Kobolians, from the evidence I see, struck me as a stayhome bunch until their world "died". They certainly could have scouted for the Twelve Colonies from Kobol, but for Earth? Forget it. Its out of their search range. Only the LBs, or somebody like them[Iblis], have the REACH, or the astrography to know where to look for Earth or its environs.

3. I don't think the Cylons would want to find the 13th tribe. Remember relativity?

The Galactica received weak Apollo Moon Landing broadcasts. I always hypothesized that those signals were hundreds, if not thousands of years away from the Twelve Colonies of Man. [See (2.) for why.] Come to think about it, maybe Adama shouldn't be too eager to reach Earth, either. Suppose the 13th tribe has been digging around the Solar system and found out why they left Kobol in the first place?

Be kind of dangerous for the Colonials to stumble in on a 13th tribe with technology far in advance of their own and a recently discovered very good reason to use it.^1.

^1 Easily supportable by the fact that Galactica 1980 does not exist^2 in my interpretation of CBSG canon, as well as the real parameters of spacetime intervals that you have to postulate as functioning as a result of seen CBSG film canon.

^2 Just as I reject "Legend of the Rangers" as a JMS drug induced incident, so I reject "Galactica 1980" as an ABC induced torture session upon the American viewing public. I KNOW Rick Berman sat through the screenings, taking notes on how to wreck a Franchise so he could engage in his lifelong mission to destroy Star Trek(TM).

As always;
Damocles is offline   Reply With Quote