View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2011, 08:02 AM   #16
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default Re: Russell Sanders 2011 Message to Mr. Andrew Fullen

Stallion,

My reference to his wishing you horribly dead was from a while back. I don't know of any recent declarations of that sort.

And as we're giving him attention, I got curious and followed up on a previous question that was asked regarding his book sales on Amazon. According to the tracking, each of his books has sold less than 1 copy per 1000 days. The ranking numbers indicates this is closer to 1 copy in 2500-4000 days. I know that you, Stallion, purchased one of his early books as a memento but the available tracking data shows that zero copies have been purchased throughout the measured time frame of two years. This includes his political books and werewolf tales. I find the latter a bit disappointing as the werewolf tales is Andrew's only attempt to do something creative and it also seems to have totally failed.

The other sales beyond your purchase were automatic purchase orders from the "Super Book Deals" and "All New Books" distributors. Each made single purchase auto orders of the books "Universal Studios Vs. The 1978 Battlestar Galactica Series: The Common Sense Manual" and "The Too Inquisitive Neighborhood Kids: Plus Other Spooky Stories For Young People". Seemingly, both immediately placed those copies back up for sale on the used section listed in "Like New" condition. They've remained unsold ever since. For all Andrew's rants about GINO taking up unsold DVD shelf space, his books are doing the same for the two distributors that bothered to check them out.

It seems likely that in total, Andrew has sold less than 8 copies of all his books combined. As he's written 17 books, he's sold fewer books than he has written.

As I said to him, if he bothered to look at his life as an investment strategy, he'd see that his campaigns are definitely not working. He's only harming himself in the process but perhaps on some subconscious level, that's his real goal. In some ways, he must feel he deserves the mockery or he wouldn't continually strive to bring it on himself.

And you're right, he's not a nice person but I wasn't either a few years ago. Afterwards, when I taught divorce recovery at the church, I realized the hard truth behind the phrase "People who are hurting want to hurt other people". Given this guideline, for Andrew to act as he does, his personal situation must be pretty abysmal. I think this is proven in the fact that he's had to exist in a fortress of lies just to maintain some acceptable sense of prestige (in his own mind).

I find that a very sad situation.

Rightly or wrongly, I've always seen Andrew as the dysfunctional step-child of the Galactica fandom family. Like a child, he's screaming for attention in a wildly entertaining manner but I've always felt that deep down, his real meaning has been "I'm hurting. Can someone please help me?"

None of us are responsible for him and he's physically an adult (even though mentally he's still a young teen). The most any of us can do is inspire him to stop acting like a complete moron and think about the way he's conducting himself. In my mind, that meant showing him that his textual assaults don't have the harmful impact he seems to think they do and showing him that his idea that he can "win" by becoming ever more hateful is wrong-minded and self-destructive. Unfortunately, it appears that he's too far gone for even those basic thoughts to have an impact.

There's also a point where you simply tire of his antics and with Andrew, I can only find enough charity in my heart to make any attempt about once a year.

Admittedly, I'm a slow learner and the rest of you are correct. It is probably best just to put him on permanent IGNORE and divert the energy to people who are more deserving. There's no shortage of idiotic sideshows on the Internet and this one has been running for a decade with absolutely no change in its format or presentation.

All my best,

Russell