COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

You're looking to open a real can of worms, aren't you, Charybdis?

She was gorgeous, and I, for one, cannot imagine anyone else in the role of Athena. She was a major crush for a guy barely out of adolescence.

I stand in awe of those among us who met her then (there are one or two). I've always maintained that if she'd met me first, she never would have hooked up with a hack like Don Henley.

Yeah, right.

She was a neophyte to acting when she was cast in BSG. She had been a piece of scenery on a Hardy Boys episode (I recall the TV Guide interview where she related that she'd been stung on the behind when a jellyfish had gotten into her bikini - oh, the pictures it painted....), and had been spotted by one of the producers, who was working on BSG. If I recall correctly, she was cast as Athena without an audition.

I also recall comments made in years since by members of the cast, who said they worked with her on her acting skills, how receptive she was to thier help, etc., what a sweetheart she was.

And she had her moments. Who can forget the scene when she steam-cleans Starbuck?

There were moments, though, that made me think that the guy who cast her in the part had done so using his infamous Male Secondary Thinking Glands. And, in the few parts she took after BSG it was not her acting skills that were put on display.

Frankly, it's no wonder to me that she opted to disappear.

And that's a pity.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote