View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2006, 05:31 PM   #2
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Pete -

I have to wonder the same thing. Given the poplularity of shows like Heroes and a few others, it appears that there is still and audience for the fantastic.

I remebmer a few discussions with friends regarding remaking Space:1999. Folks kept dwelling on how to make the moon leaving Earth's orbit more plausible. The one thing about that is that the event of the moon being blown out of orbit was only a plot device to put mankind in outer space in circumstances where the residents of Moonbase Alpha would be unprepared for it and the consequences stemming from it.

Why folks get bogged down in the details these days is beyond me. If folks want realistic, why do they go to movies like Superman Returns, Spiderman, X-Men, Harry Potter, or the upcoming Tranformers?

I've no problem suspending my disbelief when it honestly serves the story to do so. When it comes to characterization, that's a whole other thing. I want the characters to be beleivable at the very least.

Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote