Thread: The Swan
View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2004, 12:34 PM   #7
bsg1fan1975
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky1c
Self Righteous Rant Alert:

I try to be good humored about this stuff, it's just televison after all, but this bothers me. Sorry in advance.

The idea that a little plastic surgery is going to make anything but the most temporary and superficial difference in a persons life is ridiculous. This feels like the most exploitive bit of BS I've ever seen. "No, you're not good enough, but we'll make you good enough by going under the knife on national television." Nothing like taking advantage of emotionally vulnerable people and capitalizaing on their low self esteem for the purpose of entertainment. That's just sick. What kind of message does this send to girls? "You just need to be beautiful and all your problems will go away." Forget counselling. Forget thinking about changes that make a lasting differences. Forget the hard work of looking at yourself and working on what's under the skin. Buncha crap.....
I agree with using this method only to fix something that happened from a horrible and tragic accident but to do this just cause you have a low self image of yourself is down right stupid.

I am not a knockout and I am not afraid to admit it. I am pretty though. But that is superficial and not what got me to where I am today. Beauty, as the old cliche goes, is only skin deep.

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote