View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2004, 05:04 PM   #7
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci-Fi
From Sci-Fi Online:

James Doohan, who played Chief Engineer Montgomery 'Scotty' Scott in the original Star Trek series, is to retire from the convention circuit.

But, before he hangs up his phaser for good, he will be making one final appearance at Planet Xpo between 18-20 June 2004, at the Los Angeles Airport Hilton.

Billed as the "Biggest Event of the Year" by the Official Star Trek Fan Club, this event will feature the entire living cast of the classic Star Trek TV series: William Shatner (James T. Kirk), Leonard Nimoy (Spock), Nichelle Nichols (Uhura), Walter Koenig (Pavel Chekov), George Takei (Hikaru Sulu), Grace Lee Whitney (Janice Rand), Majel Barrett Roddenberry (Christine Chapel), and, of course, James Doohan.

A new Trek parody, the short film Final Mission, will make its worldwide premiere at the event, showing on a double bill with the critically-acclaimed Roddenberry on Patrol, featuring actors from the classic Trek series as well as Star Trek: Voyager.

As part of the event, money will be raised to help finance the placement of a star for Doohan on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. There will also be two auctions to raise money for Doohan's favourite charities, Cowboys for Kids and the Equestrian Special Olympics.
I loved his character. I certainly hope they can raise the money so he can
the the star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

I think he's great and will miss him on the convention circuit.

I used to be able to go BK ..........which means BEFORE KIDS lol
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote