Thread: Magnum pi
View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2004, 07:39 PM   #9
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter noble
Source; www.darkhorizons.com

'Whit' has some interesting new speculation in regards to the recently announced movie version in the works of the classic 80's series:

"A guy I know, Mike McCullers, has just got the job to pen the new film version of the TV series Magnum PI. Long story short, I ran into Mike at the premiere of "Scary Movie 3" here in the UK last week. Brian Grazer is going to make the film at his production company.

Mike's on the first draft of the film version (the story will start from scratch, a'la the pilot episode of the series, with how Magnum becomes to work for Robin Masters and Higgins should it be without Selleck, otherwise it will kick off with Magnum on a mission in Taiwan - which is more the case now, he says).

There's not much to tell, but the studio has been suggesting big names for the lead role and the producers and writers have suggested they stick with tom selleck, just make the character of magnum older.

Mike says it looks like they may have won. No Clooney. No Travolta. No other name A-Lister. Everyone's agreeing that Selleck is Magnum, and audiences probably wouldn't respond if he wasn't. Good news I thought".

As a fan of Magnum (my third fave TV show after Buffy and BSG), I hope to God this is true.

Peter
I loved that show. I thought Tony Hillerman was great as the 'straight' guy
to Tom Selleck's Magnum.

I just loved all the people in the TV Show.

I hope the Movie does great!
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote