View Single Post
Old February 29th, 2004, 07:43 PM   #4
nccdee
Warrior

BST, thank you for posting the letter. I have never see nor heard of it before. I only became aware of RM project last July. It was soon after that I had heard about the other projects (through cylon.org).

I would not say I was a huge fan of TOS but it was one of the few program that stuck with me from my childhood (along with Buck Rogers). I am not a believer that everything is set in stone. Simply put, they only thing Hollywood can asked of me is to watch their program or pay money to see their movies. Its my choice. Beyond that its their "business".

You proved to me that RM is an honest man, who right from the beginning told everyone what he plan to do. This was going to be a new ride and he asked if we wanted to come along. Once again, our choice. I did not see anything in letter that was untrue or unkind. But I guess when an individual's dreams does not come true, there's hurt feeling and bias is created against another dream. And when you read "the popcorn is in a different aisle" it seems as personal attack. It unfortunate you would feel this way.

For many RM Galactica is a beginning. To others, an expansion to the BGS universe. But to all, never an end. There will also be enthusiastic fans with story to tell, pictures to draw, and convention to attend. We are all part of the same club. Galactica lives on.

nccdee