View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2004, 10:46 AM   #42
AlternityOrange
Warrior

COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymar3d
I can name one. Tom DeSanto's production was getting tons of flak from fans for awhile, and that negativism helped arm certain powers that be with anti-DeSanto/Singer posts that may have helped kill that project. This is of course rumor, not verified, but I have heard it from solid sources that it was very likely to have hindered Tom's production.

That's not to blame anyone, either. It's just a moment to pause and think about it.

Ken
That's not fair Ken, apples and oranges. As has been stated a million times before, The "flak" Desanto's production was receiving was because of one simple reason: we had no freaking clue what he was doing. The secrecy was Tom's decision. You visited him at his office I believe, you had a good idea what was going on. The rest of us didn't and it was excruciating. When I first learned of their Battlestar production, an image of what it might be like appeared in my brain. Ironically, it was very similar to what the moore mini was like and it was horrifying. As it turns out nothing could be further from the truth. What Desanto was doing was wonderous. Too bad we had no idea at the time.

Regardless, I believe the "chance" Michelle is asking about is something that has happened since the advent of Moore, Eicke, and Hammer, not prior. A true genuine "chance" to help the original fans and the mini get on a better footing without just a "suck it up and deal with it" attitude. Like her, I can't think of a single example.

-Edward James Olmos
AlternityOrange is offline   Reply With Quote