View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2004, 06:29 PM   #17
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter noble
That's what I think the Battlestar Galactica mini-series is – a lost opportunity.

Yes, I've been a BSG fan for 25 years plus, but surprisingly I'm not opposed to the idea of a remake, but I'd like a remake that was faithful to the original pilot episode "Saga of a Star World".

I watched the mini-series on a DVD I obtained, and to be fair I found it mildly entertaining. I thought Edward James Olmos and Jamie Bamber were very good in it, Mary McDonnell I thought was lost .

The Kara Thrace character I found to be completely childish with no redeeming features at all, plus the actress who played her annoyed me, which made things even worse.

The effects for the most part were good, except the Cylons at the start and the end were very poorly animated in my opinion.

Anyway, I'm straying off topic.

The thing that really struck me though, was how much it reminded me of other SF films and shows I'd seen, if they'd put in more stuff from Battlestar Galactica but with an RDM spin on it IMO I think I would have liked it a lot more.

I think a lot of the original fans would have liked it if at the start they could have had a voice over that stated somehow a link between the original show and the new one, it would have only taken up a few seconds of screen time, like I said a lost opportunity, for the fans, the new fans and the Sci-Fi Channel.

Sincerely,

Peter
Peter you hit the nail on the head.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote