View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2004, 07:02 PM   #14
amberstar
Strike Leader

To me Battlestar Galactica is humanity at their finest, fighting to surive against all odds. It showed outstanding morals and values, had a sense of family, and how people can unite despite their differences. The endearing characters and the mythology drew the viewer in and you felt as if you were part of their struggle.
The Galactica was, and still is, an impressive ship! The battles in space and the Vipers were amazing for its time.
I'm not blind to the flaws of TOS, I just remember it with great fondness. To me there was never a conclusion the show. I know that is one reason why I am praying for a continuation movie. To see what happens next! Also, to see how the characters I fell in love with so long ago have grown and advanced with the passing of so much time.
I know it has been said before, but this is truly a SLEEPING GIANT! So much potiental just wating to be brought to life with modern technology.
This mini would not be here if not for Larson's original work. It is a re-telling of a clasic!Though I think the mini is an empty shell of TOS, I'll give it credit for bringing in new viewers and introducing them to a whole spectrum of Galactica.( A show that they may have never relized existed before).

Amber
amberstar is offline   Reply With Quote