View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2004, 02:31 PM   #8
ViperTech

As a teacher, I love your analogy of a Kindergarten crime and the new Mini-Series, Muffit. Nice job.

Since you brought up the subject, I'll put my eternal optomist hat on and give you my take (eerr...dream).

There will be a new BG project, a Movie, with Glen Larson heading it up. Richard and Dirk WILL be involved in some way, along with many, if not all of the originals, even if it's for only a portion of the film in flashbacks, setups or whatever or bridges, much like STAR TREK: Generations only more eleborate with more screen time for the originals than just a couple opening scenes. The project will not happen for a a couple of years. The timing will have to do with no more new STAR WARS movies after 2005 etc. and the quick forgetting of the Mini.

The mini-series will never become a series because the Beaurocratic hacks at the Sci-Fi Channel will actually realize that their bread-n-butter, the original fans, were, by in large, offended and dissapointed in the Mini and thus see no future for it. It will be given "Oh-by-the-way" mentions when promotion for the new Movie kicks into high gear.

Success of the Movie will inspire Larson and his team to make a second BG film a couple years later, also with a similar formula...use the old regulars, at least for several scenes in flashbacks, set-ups and bridges to set up the new plot with next generation characters and some old-school characters.

Just a guess. I'd say that's my .02 worth, but it ain't even worth that!