Thread: The ship design
View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2003, 06:52 PM   #11
baafan
Shuttle Pilot

Hollyknight said:
Quote:
About the Cylon ships - did you get the impression the ships themselves were AI?

My first impression was that they were AI themselves (it was mentioned they lacked a cockpit). But does it makes sense an AI would want to be "trapped" in a ship all the time? Having a conscious, I would think they would want to join the majority of other Cylons "in person", as it were.
I definitely got the perception that at least the lead cylon ships that knocked out the computers and defenses were AI themselves.

As for wanting to be "trapped" in a ship, well, my guess is that they had no choice in the matter.

Beeker said:
Quote:
About the crew size. I would expect that the normal complement of the Galactica would be around 6,000 or more; however, the ship was being decomisioned. The 2,000 number is probably a skelton crew. The minimum number necessary to keep the ship functioning. In the beginning of the show I had the impression that everyone was being reassigned, and orders had been cut. The reassignment of an entire complement (except those on museum duty) would take time
Good point Beeker. I didn't even consider the decommissioning/museum aspect relative to the crew size. Although I still say 10,000+ or more.
baafan is offline   Reply With Quote